Chute Technology Engineering Group
A new generation of coal and ore materials handling technology is being introduced to Australasian and international markets by a group that engineers chutes and complementary systems to permit faster conveyor belt speeds, greater throughputs, fewer breakdowns and enhanced safety.
The Chute Technology engineering group targets problems common to many coal and ore plants and loading systems by addressing them with a combination of three skill sets, including advanced engineering analysis of flow, followed by upscaleable 3D Discrete Element Method (DEM) design processes and finally custom manufacturing to individual plant needs.
TW Woods are Specialists in shaping, fabrication and welding carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium
The combined technologies – which are applicable to existing as well as new projects – are complemented by the practical experience of each of the three Principal Partners in Chute Technology, who have combined experience of more than 80 years in a wide variety of resource industries including coal, iron ore, alumina and limestone across Australia, the USA, South America and South Africa. The technologies are also applicable to gold, nickel and other bulk minerals and ores.
Chute Design Technology
Major benefits of the chute design technologies have already been demonstrated in service with a West Australian iron ore producer which increased production by several million tons, or 50 per cent. Several Hunter Valley coal mines, meanwhile, are also benefitting from less wear and fewer breakdowns because of practical individualised designs produced by one of the partners in Chute Technology, long-established Hunter Valley mining industry supplier T.W. Woods.
Chute Technology has made advances in:
- Identifying premature failure of ceramic tile – thermal and structural
- Asymmetrical chute work for sideways loading chutes
- Divergent flow hoods for load distribution
- Low height chutes for underground transfers
- Adapting transfer shapes to handle sticky product
- Skirt-less transfer for spillage containment
- Multi-direction transfers for portable conveyors
These advances have created major increases in productivity and reduction in downtime, spillage and maintenance shutdowns.
There are 3 principal partners in Chute Technology:-
- TW Woods Constructions – specialists in shaping, fabrication and welding technology for metals including carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- Telford Engineering Solutions – recognised multi-disciplined design and management organisation which has associated site services for project management and construction
- Dennis Pomfret Engineering – specialists in design, specification and commissioning of material handling equipment, transfer chutes, conveyors and hoppers for hard rock, coal and other minerals in surface and underground operations at mines and ports
The three Principal Partners in Chute Technology have combined experience of more than 80 years in a wide variety of resource industries including coal, iron ore, alumina and limestone across Australia, the USA, South America and South Africa. The technologies are also applicable to gold, nickel and other bulk minerals and ores. We focus on applying engineering, design and manufacturing resources to solve materials handling problems. We have very specific conveyor transfer expertise.
TW Woods provide quality Chute Fabrication services in:
- Newcastle and the Hunter Valley
- Sydney and Wollongong NSW
- Heavy Engineering, Manufacturing and Mining Industry