TW Woods were given the task to undertake preservation and restoration work on a Mark II Gun for Raymond Terrace RSL Sub-Branch, which included having the gun cleaned and blasted to remove old paint; inspected for damage and rusted areas; have damaged areas repaired; and have the gun re-painted. In the 1950’s the Raymond Terrace Junior Chamber of Commerce purchased a Quick-firing 25LB Mark II Gun to be placed in ANZAC park. It was the primary gun used by the Commonwealth forces during World War II.
Having been exposed to the elements in ANZAC Park since 1992, the 25LB gun had deteriorated and was in urgent need of refurbishment and preservation. The Raymond Terrace RSL Sub-Branch received sponsorship from AGL Energy Ltd for the restoration project and held an event at ANZAC park to commemorate the return of the refurbished Gun, and publicly acknowledge the generous sponsorship of AGL Energy Ltd and thank TW Woods for their hard work in restoring the gun. Glenn Woods and Jamie Woods were in attendance at the event to receive a Certificate of Thanks from the Raymond Terrace RSL Sub-Branch.